Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Bored Teenaged Girls

Dare Me by Megan Abbott

I read this because I got sucked into the show of the same name on Sunday nights on USA. Let me just say, this was a little harder to get a hold of than I would have liked. This book came out in 2012, but everyone wanted to charge at least $15 for a paperback version. No thank you. The library at my school didn't have it, nor did the public library, which started me questioning why this was being made into a tv series if it was not popular enough to be easily obtained. It took me a few weeks, but I got a decent copy for about $5.

I say this rarely, but I think I like the tv series better. There is nothing wrong with the story, but there is so much more going on with the show that I think it is just better.

This is about cheerleaders in a reasonably small town. They get a new cheer coach, and demotes the girl who was calling herself the captain. That would be Beth. Beth's best friend, Addy, starts to bond with the cheer coach, and this bothers Beth because she wants Addy all to herself. So, Beth finds ways to go after the cheer coach, which isn't hard.

A good read, but I think I will stick to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment