Sunday, March 15, 2020

Be Careful Who You Call Friend

You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

This is the third book I have read by this pair in the last two years. I have loved them all. I had no idea they had a new book out until I saw it at Hudson's in the Seattle airport last week, so, of course, I bought it. So glad I did.

Hendricks and Pekkanen are becoming quite the masters of psychological suspense, and I love it.

In this novel, we meet Shay. Shay is thirty-one and currently lives with her friend Sean, who she is secretly in love with. Sean has a girlfriend, Jody, who is always at their New York apartment, and it increasingly difficult for Shay to be home. One morning, rather than having to deal with Sean and Jody, Shay decides to get out of the house. As she is approaching a subway train, she witnesses a woman throwing herself onto the tracks.

The next few days happen in a blur, and after meetings with the police, Shay makes the weird decision to go to the memorial for the woman who committed suicide in front of her. At the memorial, she meets the friends of this woman. Over the course of the next few weeks, these women have infiltrated Shay's life, become her friend. For Shay, it's damn near perfect--until it isn't.

What Shay doesn't know is that these women have something to hide, and they are trying to frame Shay for something she didn't do.

This was a riveting read, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

No comments:

Post a Comment