Thursday, October 11, 2012

Matchless

Needed something to read while I was taking a bath, so I grabbed the shortest unread book on my shelves that I could find. That is how I ended up reading Matchless by Gregory Maguire. I have read many of Maguire's books: The entire Wicked series, Mirror, Mirror, and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. Sometimes I like his books, sometimes not. Matchless was a sweet, short read. I do mean short. My baths last, usually, no longer than 30 minutes, and I was done with the book by the time I got out.

Apparently, it is a retelling of The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen. Having never read that one, I cannot be absolutely certain. What I do know, was that it was a nice story. I can't say much without giving it away, but if you want a short read that makes you feel all warm inside, this is the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment