Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Hunt Killers

This is #4 for me from the TAYSHAS list. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga started a little slow for me, but got better as I read into it.

Jazz is in high school, and is the son of one of the most sadistic serial killers this country has ever seen. His dad, Billy Dent, taught him everything about killing before he was caught, convicted, and confined. Jazz wants to rise above his heritage, and wants to be normal. He fears he'll be just like his father, and he fights against it.

Unfortunately, a new serial killer has come to town emulating the murders that Jazz's father committed. Jazz wants to help the cops, and once they realize that Jazz may be their best chance to catch the killer, they let him.

Toward the end, there's a nice twist that makes you want to read the inevitable sequel. I'll be reading it for sure. Also, ABC Family is making this into a movie. I just hope they don't screw it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment