Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Book #16

Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow

This entire book is written in the vein of the "All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" poem that was popular in the 1990's. That means the book is short, and can be read in mere minutes, so I am totally cheating by including it in my summer reading list. I couldn't help myself though. I had a ton of the Little Golden books when I was a kid, and if I can bring that nostalgia back to someone else, then this book belongs on this list.

Each page of this book has the lesson learned, and at the bottom in tiny print, it tells where the lesson learned. Coincidentally, the illustrations are all from the Little Golden book. Yes, Poky Little Puppy is here, as is The Little Red Hen, Chicken Little, and The Shy Little Kitten. This book was a walk down memory lane for me, and, as an adult, I think we sometimes need to be reminded of the wonder of childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment