Saturday, February 14, 2015

Folklore Assignment

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

We were given a list of books to choose from for our folklore assignment for my collections development class, and this was my first choice. My daughter loves Riordan's books, so I ordered the whole series because I thought that if I didn't like the books, she would. I liked the book though, so we may end up fighting over ownership.

Sadie and Carter Kane are siblings. Their mother died six years prior to the beginning of this book. Both their parents were/are Egyptologists. After the death of their mother, Sadie went to live in England with their grandparents, while Carter travels the world with their father. Once a year, at Christmas, they get to visit Sadie. On this particular visit, their father destroys the Rosetta Stone, and releases five Egyptian gods and goddesses. Set, the most evil of the five decides he wants to destroy the world, and it is up to Sadie and Carter to save the world.

I enjoyed this book, but for the life of me, I would not consider it folklore. Maybe that's just me. I will be reading the next two books in the series, once time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment