Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Merry Christmas, Alex Cross

I saw this book at Barnes and Noble last year, but they wouldn't let me purchase it. Apparently, it was free with any James Patterson purchase. I already had every James Patterson book at that time, or so I thought (see an earlier post), so I had no reason to purchase a book to get it free. In the year that passed, I had pretty much given up hope about ever getting to read it. Lo and behold, the new Patterson book of November 2012 was Merry Christmas, Alex Cross. I belong to the James Patterson Library book club, so all I had to do was wait a few days from its release until it landed on my doorstep. Got it yesterday, and finished it a few minutes ago.

As for the book, let me just say this: Alex Cross is one busy man. On Christmas eve, he has to handle a hostages situation with some crazy ex lawyer who is planning to kill his ex wife, his three children, her new husband, and a neighbor. Needless to say, Cross saves the day. Then, on Christmas day, Alex is pulled away from his family again so that he can deal with a terrorist. Again, he saves the day.

You know Alex Cross is a work of fiction because he nearly always saves the day, his kids are incredibly well balanced, and he always makes it out of the most dire situations. Doesn't matter to me though; I still love the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment