Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Book #8

The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown by Claire Ridgeway

Much like the other Anne Boleyn book I read recently, I already knew the information. I am practically kicking myself for reading two books about her, by the same author, so close together. What was nice about this one is that the author broke it down, day by day, so the reader knew what happened at the end of Anne's Boleyn's life.  In many ways, this was more informative than most Anne Boleyn biographies.

Something that irritated me though, were the times that the author would include quotes from the primary sources, but not bother to translate them into modern English. Rules of spelling, apparently, did not apply in the 16th century, so sometimes it was hard to make out the information that was being presented.

Not a bad book, but, as I said, I wish I hadn't read it right after the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment