Saturday, January 4, 2014

Not what I anticipated

Identity: Eyes Wide Open Book 1 by Ted Dekker

This is one of the books that popped up on one of my free kindle sites. It said it was the first in the series when I read the description, but did not indicate that it was the first part of a serial novel. Not a problem, but this was short.

The reason I downloaded this was because I was intrigued by the description. It mentions a girl in a grave, so I thought someone was trying to kill her by burying her alive. I was wrong. What really happened is that she, Christy, and her friend, Austin, broke into the store room of a hospital the night before. This was not the first time they had done that, and Christy lost her locket. Christy goes back to find her locket, and falls through a trapdoor into the basement. She thinks she finds a way out, but she really just finds a crawl space that closes after she gets inside. She leaves a message for Austin that gets cut off, but he works out that Christy went to the store room. He manages to trace her path, and picks up her locket and cell phone she dropped.

Separately, they both exit the basement and end up in the psyche ward. They both end up admitted under different names than their own, and when the book ends, they've found each other, tried to escape, and failed.

Seems interesting so far, so it looks like I am going to have to get the next three parts so I can see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment