Thursday, April 10, 2014

Shamed by...everyone

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

My daughter is reading this in her seventh grade English class. My son read it in seventh grade. My husband read it in seventh grade. Nearly everyone I know, including my students, read this book in seventh grade. Do you know what it's like to be an English teacher, but have not read the book everyone else has? It's a weird feeling.

And, oh yeah? Apparently, it's everyone's favorite book. Pressure much?

Once I realized everyone I know has read this, I ordered it from Amazon. A mere three days later, it was here. I admit, it was an ok book, but not one of my favorites. Not sure even if I'll read it again. I've pretty much decided I have no soul because I am not enamored of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment