Sunday, April 20, 2014

T List #30

Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore

I think this is where the list ends for me. Sure, there are twenty-something books left on it, but this was a good number to end on. It's ten books more than last year, and will be duck number ten for this year when I go to the library tomorrow. It's been a fun journey. Most of the books were really good, and touched me in some way.

This last book on my personal TAYSHAS journey...The blurb on the inside of the book jacket made it sound much better than it was, in my opinion. Basically, it indicates that Daisy can "speak" to the dead, meaning that she aids law enforcement agencies, namely the FBI, in finding missing, dead bodies. She also uses her "gift" to determine, sometimes, how a person dies. In fact, that is how the  book starts out. Then, she is kidnapped by a mafia family whose daughter is missing in order to help find her. Except that's not really what they need her for. They need her to raise a powerful dead guy. Yeah, not completely weird at all.

Anyway, I checked out this book because it sounded like I would be reading about finding missing dead people, which is mysterious and fascinating, not reading about raising the dead to god-like proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment