Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Crazy Town

Asylum by Madeline Roux

I saw this at the bookstore a couple of weeks before I actually bought it. It has a sequel,  but I will likely wait until it's released in paperback before I buy it.

Dan is accepted into a summer college prep course at a university in New Hampshire,  I think.  They are renovating the dorms, so they house the kids in an old, abandoned asylum.

I always say nothing good happens in an asylum,  and that sentiment is true here. Weird things happen to Dan, particularly after he and his friends investigate the offices, which are off limits. Dan learns about a serial killer who was housed there, and there are crimes popping up that are eerily similar. 

I enjoyed this book, as it has creepy,  abandoned asylum photos. It's done much like Ransom Riggs' books, but creepier.  Probably shouldn't have read it in the dark, by the beam of a flashlight before bed though.  There may have been some nightmares. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment