Sunday, September 14, 2014

Something for Me

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

My daughter wanted to read this, and it is a possibility for this year's TAYSHAS list, so I took a little time from my children's book reading to check this one out. It was a fast read, so there was no harm in reading something I wanted to.

Lara Jean is the middle daughter. Her mother died when she was younger, and her older sister Margot took over things so the household would run smoothly. Margot is dating the boy Lara Jean is in love with, although she thought she was over that. When Margot breaks up with the boy, Josh, Lara Jean realizes she still feels something for him.

Lara Jean has loved five boys in her life, and when she is over them, she writes them letters that she never sends as closure. One day, those letters somehow get mailed, and Lara Jean's life gets out of hand. One boy, Peter, gets Lara Jean's letter, and ultimately, he and Lara Jean decide they will pretend to date so that they can make the people they both really like jealous.

I liked this because it had a Can't Buy Me Love vibe. More importantly, it is ok for my daughter to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment