Friday, May 27, 2016

More Magical Realms

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

The second book in the Gemma Boyle trilogy, I enjoyed it even more than the first book. This is not surprising. I am a second part of the trilogy fan: Empire Strikes Back, and Two Towers are a couple of my favorite middles.

This one picks up where the first book leaves off. Now that Gemma destroyed the runes, the magic has to be bound to something so that the wrong sorts don't get their hands on it. The Raksana tries to convince Gemma that she needs to use special words to bind the magic, but really, they want her to bind it to them. Will she figure that out before it's too late?

In the meantime, Gemma, Felicity, and Ann are in London for Christmas. Felicity has concocted a story for Ann so that she doesn't have to spend the holidays at Spence. Unfortunately, this story is uncovered. Gemma meets a boy, a viscount's son, while on holiday, and they are smitten with each other. Gemma's dad has some serious issues with drugs, and Gemma and her brother try to remedy that. Then there's the relationship with Kartik.

There is a great deal going on in this book, but not so much that the reader can't keep up. I think that because there was so much going on is the reason I liked this one so much. I am interested in the last chapter of this trilogy, and I can't wait to see what it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment