Friday, March 17, 2017

Sweet "Summer" Read

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

This is the third book I have read of Ms. Han's, and she doesn't disappoint. I have at least one more of hers to read before I go to this young adult book con thing on April 1 that she will be at.

This is the story of the summer Belly turns sixteen. Every year, she goes to the beach house of her mother's oldest and dearest friend, and they stay for the whole summer. Her mother's friend has two sons, and Belly appears to have a crush on both of them, though one more than the other.

This summer is different though because the boys finally notice her. She's no longer the little sister figure, but a young woman in her own right. They still, to some degree, still treat her like a kid. She meets a boy, and spends a lot of time with him. She reminisces of summers past, and wonders about the future. She also can't really let go of her love for one boy, even though he treats her badly most of the summer.

I enjoyed this. It was a quick read, and I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment