Friday, March 9, 2018

If Music Be the Food of Love, Play On

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn

Because I enjoyed two of their other collaborations, I thought I would read this one. And although this is well written, it isn't as endearing as Dash and Lily.

Nick in three and a half weeks into his break-up with Tris. He sees her across a crowded club, and is dismayed because she promised she wouldn't come to his gigs. Norah is at the same club with her friend Caroline. When Nick is done playing, he finds himself in the audience with Norah, trying to avoid Tris, to no avail. It is then that he leans over and kisses Norah to show Tris that he has moved on, even though he hasn't.

Thus begins an interesting night of music and adventure for Nick and Norah in New York City. They get to know each other, and find out that they have many things in common. I could've done without all the language though. I mean, I get it, people talk like that. But, f%$# in every other sentence is a bit excessive, even for teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment