Monday, September 17, 2018

A Thriller by an Author I Enjoy

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

I had been waiting for about a year for this to finally come out in paperback. I was so excited to read this, and the very first chapter assured me that I would enjoy this book a great deal. Sadly, not all the chapters were as exciting as the first one. This purports itself to be a mystery or thriller novel, but that is not the main point. the point, I am sorry to say, is more a love story than anything else. It's not bad, but it's not the reason I wanted to read this.

In Osborne, Nebraska, several of Makani's classmates are being murdered one at a time. Makani thinks it could somehow be linked to her past. By the way, her past is not as scandalous as the build-up would have you believe. Also, we find out who the murderer is about halfway through the book, which doesn't do much for the suspense factor.

I don't know, this just wasn't what I was hoping for, and I am finding it difficult to be excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment