Sunday, October 21, 2018

Better Than the Second, But Not as Good as the First

Someday by David Levithan

I can't believe it took me three weeks to read a book that should've taken three days, tops. I just haven't really wanted to read. I think it has to do with all the stress of having to do more with less at work, including having more students than everyone on my team and more behavioral issues too. I am hoping this will change soon, so my desire to read will come back with it.

Anyway, this is the third installment of the series that started with Everyday a few years ago. This one is told by A, Rhiannon, Nathan, and X. Of course, A and Rhiannon were who narrated the first two books, but Nathan was one of the people that A inhabited, the one who thought he was possessed by the devil. X is someone new entirely, and he is someone like A, who inhabits different bodies. There are a few chapters narrated by others, but the book is primarily the four I mentioned.

This is a few months after the events in Everyday. A is in Colorado, doing his own thing. Rhiannon and Nathan are in Maryland, having become friends, and wishing they could contact A. Part of the reason they want to contact A is because they miss him, but the other part is because X has been contacting Nathan, trying to find A.

One thing I liked about this is that the reader gets to see that there are more people like A, even if they aren't as awesome as A. As much as I like this series though, I hope this is the last one. I'd rather see Levithan work on more books about Dash and Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment