Thursday, October 25, 2018

One of my Favorite Topics

Witches! The Absolutely True Tale of Disaster in Salem by Rosalyn Schanzer

This is a National Geographic book, so it is well done. It's not terribly long, only 135 pages, but it doesn't bore like some books about the witch trials. I am pretty well versed on the topic, if I do say so myself, and even I learned a thing or two from this book. This is well researched, and accessible to darn near everyone.

This has pictures, well, drawings, really, that reflect some of the images in other books about Salem I have read. This one also gives a mini bio about the major players of the witch trials, as well as the outcome for the major players who survived. The accounts of the trials themselves are accurate but not so weighted down with language that you don't want to read this. I feel fairly confident that I will be adding this to my witchy collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment