Saturday, November 17, 2018

And Then There Were...A Few

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena

I picked this up at the airport in Montreal on my way to Paris last week. I had no idea that Lapena had another book coming out, so I knew I had to pick this one up. Some would say these aren't the best-written thrillers out there, and maybe they are right, but I enjoy them.

The premise is fairly simple: several people go to a hotel for a weekend away. People start dying, and the guests at the hotel aren't sure if the killer is one of them or someone on the outside.

In many ways, this is like Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. The reader gets to be in the mind of each of the killers, and, honestly, you don't know who did it until the end. In that way, it's well done. Most of the time when I read thrillers or mysteries, and figure out the guilty party before I hit the halfway point. With this one, I had no clue who it could be.

This would've been a faster read for me under normal circumstances, but lately, I just haven't felt like reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment