Monday, October 2, 2023

Love and Physics

 Love Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

Because I read it before I resumed my blog, I never reviewed Love on the Brain by the same author. Because I loved that book, I bought this one, the previous one I reviewed, as well as the next one I am reading. They're cute books, and I end up learning some things.

This one is about Elsie who is a theoretical physicist, but working as an adjunct professor and a fake girlfriend. The brother of one of the men she fake dates is Jack, and he seems to despise Elsie just for existing. 

Elsie is up for her dream job at MIT, and has to go through an extensive interview process that involves dinner and talking to everyone in the department. At the fancy dinner, in walks Jack because he works in the physics department at MIT. Turns out, he is the guy that wrote an article that caused a great divide between theoretical physicists and experimental physicists, and Elsie hates him.

What ensues is a series of misunderstandings that lead to the two of them dating. There was one really spicy scene that was so fun to read, and some heartbreak, but on the whole, I enjoyed this immensely. 

Also, I got the Barnes and Noble edition that has a section in the back where the author pairs Taylor Swift songs with the chapters and gives her reasoning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment