Sunday, May 12, 2013

The End of Sookie Stackhouse

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

I think it was 2010 when I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. I came to them after watching the HBO series True Blood. Loved the show, so I had to read the books. It's just how I operate.

A year ago, I bought Deadlocked, and while I was in line, I read that it was the next to last book in the series. I was sad. I had come to love Sookie. I even named my dog after her.

Five days ago, this, the last one in the series, came out. I got it in the mail on Thursday, two days after its release, and started right away. I wanted to savor this story, but I got caught up in Sookie's adventures.

Ah Sookie! Nothing ever goes smoothly for that girl! This time, she's accused of murder, and people are out to get her. She has to clear her name, and find out who's after her. Of course, she does all this.

Vampires and werewolves don't play quite as large a role as in previous installments, and that was fine. I won't give it away, but I am only ok with who she ends up with. He's good for her, just not who I'd have chosen.

So, Sookie is done, in books anyway. I'll miss this version of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment