Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Reading List #3

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

The first time that I remember this book being read to me was when I was in kindergarten at Winship Elementary.  I was in Mrs. Redd's class, and we were on one of our weekly library trips.  This was a book that made an impression on me,  and one that I made sure was in my children's library. I even have a wild thing that my son won for me from a claw machine. We saw the movie, and,  unlike many, actually liked it.

You have to love Max. He is a typical kid, who, when he is mad, wants nothing to do with the ones who love him. He wants a place where he makes the rules, and once he gets it, tires of it quickly. It's different reading it as a parent than it was as a child.  Still, it's a good book that stands the test of time. After all,  we all have a little wild thing inside of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment