Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer Book #25

Where She Went by Gayle Foreman

The sequel to If I Stay. I was not sure if I wanted to read this one. Seems like I read some of the reviews after I read the first book, and the consensus was that this was not worthy of its predecessor. It was also coming down to the wire, ie summer was almost over, and I wanted to read something that would be a reasonably quick read, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

At first, I was not sure I was going to like this one. Adam, the boyfriend, seemed so whiny and woe is me, that I was put off. However, as I got more into it, and Mia came into it, I liked it better. It told of their break-up, that even Adam didn't understand. I was happy to see that they could move past the things that happened, and find a way to live with themselves. I thought this was a perfect follow up, even if it didn't start as well as I'd have liked.

So, in nine days, school-my teaching gig-starts back up. Freshmen. Yea. In eleven days, grad school starts. I am studying library science, so there's a ton of reading (right now, 85 books. Yikes!), and I will discuss what I read here. Probably won't have much time for free reading, which makes me sad. Looking forward to this new chapter though.

No comments:

Post a Comment