Monday, January 5, 2015

Thought Provoking Play

Twelve Angry Men by Reginald Rose

When I went to a PLC conference last July, one of the pullout sessions I went to had to do with this movie and group dynamics. It was a fantastic presentation, and it made me want to see the movie, which I still haven't done. Today, I needed an actual book to read while I took a bath, so I grabbed this. Great read.

The whole play is done in two acts. It is about a jury of men in the late 1950's deciding the fate of a young man on trial for killing his abusive father. It starts out with the first vote-11 to one, guilty-and the hold out begins explaining why he doesn't think he can decide this young man's fate so quickly. It continues with the hold out gaining allies, and finding areas of reasonable doubt in the case. Well written and well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment