Friday, March 18, 2016

Creepy Novellas

The Asylum Novellas by Madeleine Roux

I saw this at the bookstore last weekend, and since I have read the three books in the trilogy and one of the novellas already, I had to have it.

This has novellas to accompany all three of the books in this trilogy. The Scarlets, which I read some months ago, gives some back story about the secret society mentioned in Sanctum.  The Bone Artists gives some background on Oliver, who we meet in the book Catacombs, and gives a little insight into the group in the title. Finally, The Warden, while not about the warden himself, gives some background on his experiments, and goes with Asylum.

There are also excerpts from the books in the original trilogy, if you have not already read them. Since I only had to read two of the novellas, it was a fairly quick read. I think even if you read this cover to cover, it wouldn't take long to do. The stories are equally creepy, and I hope we see more in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment