Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Sweet Holiday Story

What Light by Jay Asher

It's no secret that I love this author. I have read his debut novel more times than I can count, and own multiple copies. His second book was nice, though not enough to make me reread it. This one though, I can see rereading again in the future.

Sierra is from Oregon, where her family owns a tree farm. Every year at Thanksgiving, she and her family travel to California, where her parents met and fell in love, to work their tree lot. This might be the last year they do that, so Sierra wants to make the most of her month there.

This year, she meets Caleb, a young man who once had a bad day that continues to haunt him. Sierra is able to look past that, but worries that a long distance relationship won't work. Against her better judgement, she starts falling for him.

What I love about this book is the sweet, sincere realness of a first love. Everyone should be able to experience something this wonderful. Reading this makes you feel that there is something to hope for. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment