Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Summer Book 20

A Prom to Remember by Sandy Hall

Because I loved her book A Little Something Different, I had to read this one. I had a hard time finding it in places other than Amazon too. Usually, Hall's books are fairly easy to find at Target, but I have been to no less than five of those and couldn't find it anywhere. No worries, as I sucked it up and got it at Barnes and Noble.

What I like about Hall's books is her use of multiple perspectives. In this case, there were seven, and none of them was a squirrel. Ha. As the title suggests, this is about a bunch of seniors getting ready for their prom. I also love that none of the characters we hear from are the popular kids. I think it would've been a whole different book if they had been. For example, we have a guy who likes to fly under the radar nominated for prom king, and he has to deal with all the anxiety that entails.

As someone who wasn't exactly popular and whose prom experience didn't live up to the hype/expectations, I could relate to most of these characters. High school is rough if you're not in the upper echelon, and this book is for those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment