Sunday, December 9, 2018

P&P With a Twist

Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa de la Cruz

It's no secret that I am a fan of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I will read anything I can that is even remotely related, so when I saw this at Target, I bought it. The downside to always reading these iterations of the same story, is you never know when one is going to be original. This one wasn't terribly original. The biggest difference is that Darcy is female and Elizabeth Bennett becomes Luke Bennett. Whoa.

This is also set in modern times, split between "Pemberley," Ohio and New York City.

Don't get me wrong, this was a cute story, but when all you're doing is telling Austen's story in the modern time, it doesn't really hold my interest. Add something different; it's ok as you aren't canon anyway. Perhaps it's time for people to stop ripping off the classics to make a buck?

Oh, and this is a Hallmark Channel movie, so you know the cheese factor is high.

No comments:

Post a Comment