Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Tudor Mother and Daughter

Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth I: The Mother and Daughter Who Changed History by Tracy Borman

This is another audiobook. I had heard this was coming out and was excited to read it because I love all things Tudor. I put it on hold on Overdrive, and it became available the other day. The problem was there was no way I was going to be able to read it in the time frame I would've been given, which is why I used an Audible credit.

For what it's worth, this wasn't a bad listen. The thing is, I am fairly well-versed in both of these historic ladies, so I didn't really learn anything new, which was disappointing. This basically goes over Anne's place in history, her background, etc. Then it does the same about Elizabeth. It wasn't as in-depth on either of them as other books I read, but that was ok. I wanted to read this because I was hoping for some hidden tidbit, and I was disappointed.

All of that said, I did learn that Queen Gertrude in Shakespeare's Hamlet was based on Katherine of Aragon, so that was cool.

If you don't know much about Anne Boleyn or Elizabeth I, this is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment