Saturday, March 23, 2013

Finished two books today....

So, this morning, we got up and drove to my dad's house. He lives roughly two and a half hours away. There are generally two things I do on long road trips: read and sleep. I read the whole way there and part of the way home.

The first book I worked on was Alex Cross, Run by James Patterson. I had about thirty pages to go when I got in the car, so it didn't take long to finish. In typical Alex Cross style, there were grisly murders to solve, and problems at home. This time they overlapped. It was a good book, but then, Patterson generally writes a good book.

The second book I read is #10 on my TAYSHAS journey.  It is Everyday David Levithan. GREAT book! A is a 16 year old who inhabits the bodies of other 16 year olds in the state of Maryland Everyday, A is in a different body. Sometimes he's male, sometimes female. At the beginning, he inhabits the body of Justin, and falls in love with Justin's girlfriend, Rhiannon. He's stuck on her, and finds himself skipping school while inhabiting other bodies just to be with her. She loves A, but can this weird relationship work?  I couldn't put this one down!

No comments:

Post a Comment