Wednesday, March 27, 2013

TAYSHAS #11

The Final Four by Paul Volponi.


As the title implies, it is about college basketball. Because of that, I put off reading it for a while, despite the librarian telling me it was good. On Monday, I was "stocking up" on books to read on my Easter break, and this one was available again. Again, the librarian told me I should give it a shot. She has not steered me wrong yet, so I checked it out.

This book is about a Final Four game between Michigan State, the Spartans, and Troy University, the Trojans. The game ends up going into four overtimes. Over the course of the four overtimes, we are given insight into the backgrounds and minds of four of the players-two on each team.

Their stories are what makes this book interesting, and wondering who wins adds some tension. Considering I am not a sport-person, I enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment