Sunday, March 3, 2013

House of Night novella 3

As I may have mentioned, I have read all of the books in the House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast. They started out pretty good,  but have gotten quite bad. I keep reading them because I always finish what I start, and I hope they get better.

Neferet's Curse is the third novella that has been released. These novellas are meant to give the reader some insight into the background/motivation of the professors. I was hoping this novella would give some insight as to why Neferet is such a bitch. I was let down.

Before she was Neferet, she was Emily. Emily's mother died due to complications of childbirth. Emily's father expected Emily to take her mother's place as lady of the house, and Emily did the best she could. Finally, the worst possible thing happens, and then Emily is marked.

My problem with this is that Emily did everything she was supposed to do, and was likeable. Once the bad incident happens, she reacts just as you'd think she should. Then in the last chapter, she acts like an angry bitch. I can understand that circumstance could have made her that way, but it wouldn't be sudden as it is portrayed in the book.

Additionally, they need to hire a new editor. There were so many misspellings and other errors in this book that it was a distraction to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment