Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Book #1

Much like last summer, I am going to chronicle the books I read during my vacation. This is the first one of the summer: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. I like Albom's books, and have read four of them. Since this is an actual book, this was supposed to be my bathtub reading material. However, I thought my grandma would like it, so I rushed to finish it so I can give it to her on Saturday when I see her for my sister's wedding.

Like everything else I have read of Albom's, I enjoyed this book. Like all his other books, there is a lesson to be learned. In this case, the lesson is that you never know whose life you're touching, or who's touching your life. It could be someone you know, someone you love, someone who you've never even met. We all have something to offer.

A lesson within the lesson, if you will, can be summed up in this quote: "Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves" (Albom, 141). I don't know about you, but I know about hate and anger, and this is so true. Let it go. Do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment