Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Book #5

The Anne Boleyn Collection-The Real Truth About the Tudors by Claire Ridgeway

A couple of months ago, a trio of books by this author popped up on one of my kindle pages, and since they were free, I thought I'd download them. Oh, and they were about Anne Boleyn, one of my very favorite historical figures, so it was a very good deal for me.

This book is really just a compilation of the author's blog posts, which was a little disappointing. What I liked though, is that her feelings about Anne Boleyn are very similar to my own. Even her opinions on some of the works based on Anne's life are similar to my own. For example, she hated the movie The Other Boleyn Girl for many of the same reasons I did. She didn't like the book either, and I did, so that is one difference.

There was not much in the way of new information about Anne Boleyn, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I did however learn that she had two other brothers who may or may not have lived into adulthood.

I am moving onto the second book in her "trilogy." Again, I don't expect to learn anything new, but I do love to read about Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment