Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Percy Jackson #1

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief  by Rick Riordan

I started this book before Christmas. It was one I would read when I ran out of TAYSHAS books at home, and needed something to read. I wanted to read it because it is one of the few books that held my daughter's attention, plus, I like the movie. Good thing I can keep books separate from their movie counterparts.

There were so many differences between the book and the movie. First, in the movie, Percy is 16-17 years old. In the book, he's 12. Mr. D was not in the movie, nor was Clarisse, but they figure in somewhat when Percy is at Camp Half Blood. Percy goes on a mini quest for Ares, and that wasn't in the movie.

I enjoyed this first book in the Olympians series. How could I not? It deals with Greek mythology, but told in a more modern way. I can see why my daughter was interested, and hope we can talk about this series more as we read it. Sadly, it will be a bit before I move onto the next one in the series, since there is a stack of books on my end table to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment