Thursday, May 18, 2017

Makes Me Want to Go to Florence

Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

I picked this up with the gift card I got at the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon last week because I like the cover. So glad I did because this was a sweet read. I was reminded the whole time I was reading this of 13 Little Blue Envelopes and The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson. Similar premise, and European locales.

In this book, Lina lost her mother six months prior to pancreatic cancer. She made Lina promise to go to Florence, Italy and spend time with Howard, a man Lina now believes is her father. While in Italy, she just wants to go home, but feels that, on some level, she owes it to her mother to stay a while.

One day while running, Lina meets Ren, the boy who lives nearby, who goes to the school she would attend if she stays in Italy. Lina also receives a journal from Sonia, who is a friend of Howard's (and her mother's), that belonged to her mother. In reading the journal, Lina finds that she needs to find out the truth of who she is, and Ren helps her on that journey.

This was such a sweet story of finding who you are, with cute boys, and beautiful (I imagine) Tuscan Italy. I really loved Lina and Ren, and I would love it if there were a follow up about the two of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment