Friday, November 24, 2017

I Would Be Crazy To Finish This

Asylum 54.0 by Nadege Richards

I didn't finish this one. I couldn't. No matter how much time and effort I put into it, I never made a connection. I got halfway through before I quit. Not sure how I feel about this because I usually make myself finish, even if I hate a book. One thing I learned in librarian school is that it's ok to quit a book if you don't like it, so I exercised that right.

In case you're interested though.....

This is dystopian. It's about a girl named Mathai, but she doesn't know she's Mathai until a ways into the book. She was picked up and brought to this place where she has to learn everything about herself. Apparently, she escapes a lot and, therefore, goes through this a lot.

Before I quit reading, she had escaped again with the idea that she was going to bring down the status quo and find out the truth about herself. Sorry I can't be more specific about this. If you're into dystopian, there are better ones to choose than this. I wouldn't even own this if it hadn't been stuck in my Superhero vs. Villains Lit-Cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment