Sunday, November 12, 2017

It's Poetry, But I Liked It

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

It's a little more than 200 pages long, but can be knocked out in under an hour. This is decidedly feminine poetry. Broken into four parts, it speaks of hurting, loving, breaking, and healing. It's a little graphic at times, which made me question allowing my teenaged daughter read it (she's the one who wanted the book, so how could I say no?), but I am glad both of us did. For my daughter, I hope that she sees that she shouldn't give up herself in a relationship, and that whenever she's hurt, she'll heal.

For me, it hit some nerves from the past, and although they still hurt, it showed me I wasn't alone. My favorite section was probably the last one, the one about healing. I feel like this can fit so many places in life.

I am honestly surprised that I loved this so much, and I can't wait to read her next book, which we also purchased last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment