Sunday, November 12, 2017

My First Experience With Poirot

Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie

I am not sure how I have made it this far in my life as an avid reader and librarian wannabe without having read any works of Agatha Christie, but this was my first one. My son, who is a manager at a well-known movie theater in the area, told me I have to see this movie, BUT I was not allowed to see the movie until I read the book. That was always the rule when he was growing up, so I guess it was ok that he inflicted the same on me--haha. So, while at a wedding reception, I downloaded the book from Amazon, and got started the next day. Let's just say, this won't be the only Agatha Christie book I read!

As indicated in the name of this post, this is a book featuring Hercule Poirot, a famous detective. He is on his way to Britain when his train is held up due to snow. While the train is immobile, a man is killed. Poirot must figure out who committed the crime. There are thirteen possibilities, and he, of course, figures it out in the end.

It was interesting to see how Poirot went about things, and the way his mind worked, even though this was told in third person. All of the suspects had interesting stories, and I was wholly unprepared for the ending. I can't wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment