Friday, May 4, 2018

BeWITCHing Poetry

the witch doesn't burn in this one by Amanda Lovelace

I don't what's come over me lately, but ever since I read milk and honey, I have started buying women's empowerment poetry. Admittedly, I was taken by the title of this one because EVERYONE knows how much I love all things related to witches. Little did I know when I picked it up just how taken I would be with the poetry.

Poetry is not typically my thing, but there have been some poetesses lately whose work has resonated with me. My life hasn't always been sunshine and roses, and it's always a comfort to find kindred spirits, even if only in the lines of a poem. That's what this book of poetry is to me: finding those kindred spirits so that I know I am not the only one who's been through these things/felt this way.

In its own way, that alone is empowering--knowing I'm not alone

#metoo

No comments:

Post a Comment