Monday, May 7, 2018

It Speaks To Me

The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur

Thank goodness my daughter wanted both of Rupi Kaur's books of poetry a couple of months ago! If not for her really wanting to read them, I might never have read them. If I hadn't read them, I wouldn't be better off like I am for having read them.

Once again, I read a book of poetry that speaks to my soul! In some cases, it's like Ms. Kaur is telling my story. I also like that they don't fit the traditional parameters of poetry, like rhyme and meter. I like that they just are. Some hit a little deeper than others, but 99.9% of them are relatable. I also like that they aren't man-hating or Caucasian-hating poetry, like some I have read recently.

I don't know, but if all poetry were like this, I wouldn't hate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment