Tuesday, May 15, 2018

This is the Princess I Want to Be

the princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace

Between this poetess and Rupi Kaur, I am finding my love of poetry. Some would argue that this isn't poetry, but more along the lines of what an angsty teenaged girl would write. Whatever. I like it.

Once again, Ms. Lovelace has struck a chord with me and my life experiences. If nothing else, the reader should come away with the thought that no matter what life throws at you, you can survive. Better than that, you can survive but don't necessarily need someone else to help you survive.

I particularly like the poems about being a reader, since that is what I am. Anyway, it looks like Ms. Lovelace has another book coming out soon, so I know I will be picking it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment