Friday, June 22, 2018

Summer Book 7

Sunfish by Shelby Eileen

Shorter than most of the books of poetry that I have been reading, but still worthwhile. One thing I really loved about this poetess is that she wrote about her dysfunctional relationships with her parents and also the relationships with her grandparents. I don't know about the rest of you, but the relationships with my parents haven't always been the best. Sometimes you just need to see that someone else feels this way too, and that was the case for me. And, being someone who is/was incredibly close to her paternal grandparents, it was nice to read poetry from someone expressing this same love to her grandparents.

This book of poems doesn't have the angst and pain that the other books of poetry I have read, and that is totally ok. This is a quick read, but so worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment