Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer Book #3

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

What took me so long to read this?! I have been hearing good things about this book for a while, it's about to be coming out in theaters, and I just bought it last weekend. Impulse buy, but so glad I did.

This is the tale of Nick and Amy Dunne. On the surface, they seem to be very happy people. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Amy remembers every little slight, and ultimately uses them to get back at Nick. Including faking her death, and making sure he gets framed for it.

The book was a wild ride. Did Nick really kill Amy? Why? Then you find out that Amy isn't dead, so you have to wonder why she did this to Nick. Sure, he was a cheater pants, but framing him for murder? That seems a bit mental to me. And I am totally right about the mental thing. Amy definitely has issues.

I did watch the trailer for the movie, and they have Ben Affleck playing Nick. Bad choice. Ben is too much of a pansy to carry out the Nick I read about in the book. Plus, his acting sucks. I'll still go see the movie though because that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment