Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Book #7

About a Boy by Nick Hornby

I bought this because I love the movie, and the movie is very similar to the book. The differences: Will doesn't introduce Marcus to Mystikal in the book. Instead it is Nirvana. We see that Marcus has more of a relationship with his father, other than just Christmas, as it is in the book. Marcus has more of a relationship with Ellie. They actually hang out after school sometimes. Will's relationship with Rachel is not as prominent as it is in the movie. Last, the ending was different. Instead of Marcus singing in the talent show, he takes a train to his father's house with Ellie the day Kurt Cobain dies. Ellie is a huge fan, and sees someone's shop with a cutout of Kurt Cobain in the window. She goes ballistic, and breaks the glass with her shoe. I won't say that it was a better ending, but I would've liked to have seen it played out in a movie.

At any rate, I enjoyed reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment