Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer 2014 Book 1

The Mortal Instruments: The City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clay

This is the last book in the series, which, I guess, is good. I am not sure where else the author can go with these characters.

This book picks up where book 5 left off: Sebastian is still a douche-bag, wreaking havoc wherever he goes. His plan is to get the Shadowhunters and Downworlders in a war against each other, so that he can rule the world. He has a weird crush on his sister, and wants her to rule with him.

As always, good wins over evil. The epilogue was nice. It wasn't a happily ever after, like one series I could name. No beloved main characters died, like another series I could name.

The book itself was not as good as it's predecessors. I couldn't stay focused. I do have high hopes for the new series coming out next year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment