Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Summer Reading #2

Let It Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle

I bought this book because I love all things John Green. It wasn't until I read the author's blurbs that I realized that I have read and enjoyed two of Maureen Johnson's books as well. I had been somewhat hesitant to purchase and read this because it is technically a book of short stories, of which I am not the biggest fan. Having read this though, I would argue that this is more a book that contains three novellas, rather than short stories.

One thing I really liked about this is that the stories are all connected, even though each story is written by a different author. There are characters who play a part, however large or small, in all three of these stories. The characters are well developed and real, which is something I love about books I read.

Another thing I liked was that everyone had something to overcome in their life, and found resolution to their problems. I enjoy happy endings, but only if they aren't sappy and are realistic. I also enjoy seeing characters work through their problems. I can't believe I put this off, now that I have read this.

I will say this: even though John Green is the reason I bought this book, Maureen Johnson's story is the reason I loved this book. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment