Sunday, June 19, 2016

Summer Reading #6

Hello Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer Smith

I keep seeing this book on the shelf at the bookstore, but wasn't really drawn to it until I saw that it was on the consideration list for next year's TAYSHAS books. Then, Amazon had it for ninety-nine cents or something, so I knew I needed to give it a whirl.

First, this is an incredibly quick read. I read the prologue and one chapter before I went to be last night, and finished a little while ago. Half the book I read in the car today, and I napped, so I didn't devote tons to getting this read.

In a nutshell, Aidan and Clare are going to college on opposite sides of the country. It's their last night in town together, and Clare has a list of stops they need to make. These stops are all places that were important in their relationship: where they first kissed, where he said "I love you," you get the idea. Clare wants to do this as a way to say goodbye. She is of the opinion that they can't, no, shouldn't stay together in college; that there's no way it can work. Aidan doesn't feel that way, and plans to use this time together to show her she's wrong.

What's cute about this is that each chapter is about what happens at each location they visit. You would think this would make for a choppy read, but it doesn't. Everything flows. I found myself siding with each of them. I was pleased, overall, with the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment