Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Reading #11

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Every time I go to the bookstore, I contemplate buying this book, but never do. After striking out on two other books I started this week but couldn't get into, I found this on the school library ebook site, and thought I'd give it a shot.

Anna Oliphant, daughter of a very Nicholas Sparks type author (and by that I mean someone who thinks they are brilliant, but tells the same story every time), is sent to Paris for her senior year of high school. It is not something she wants, but is something over which she has no choice. She has to leave behind her family, her best friend, and the boy she has a crush on.

In Paris, she makes some friends, and immediately develops a crush on one of them, St. Clair, who has a girlfriend. Anna and St. Clair face challenges together (his mother's cancer, her best friend sleeping with and dating the boy at home that she has a crush on), and you keep hoping that they'll get together.

In a nutshell, it's your basic love story, but it is just different enough to make it worth your time reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment